Wednesday, September 15, 2010

THE BARQUE IN WHICH I SET SAIL

THE BARQUE IN WHICH I SET SAIL

by Gordon Kuhn

copywrite

9/15/2010


First light came before me and with pure colors ran

and I sat bleakly before the dull surfaced withered wall

immovable as though I was stuffed inside a can

or perhaps bridled, hobled, tied in a horses stall



I breathed in the sent of breakfast

the smell of bacon cooking down the hall

and wished it could forever last

but then such deeds would forever stall



the changing coming of the day

the coming blanket of the night

where all wishes for and wont

in secret places, whispered, kept out of sight



the lay of some daily plan

stands out stark before me

the smell of eggs cooking in a frying pan

my soul breaths and wishes to be set free



from wrapped flesh and clinging bone

decayed and left behind in a sea tossed foam

where the wind howls in a steady moan

the barque in which I set sail now floats emply, lost



and I am all alone.

1 comment:

  1. All right! I love your poems and the fact that you keep finding ways of getting them out there. We have all been in this one place and if someone hasn't they have missed having a relevant feeling.
    Sara E

    ReplyDelete